Sunday, June 7, 2009

A mid-summer noon's dream!




I dreamt of a truce...

The well-oiled armaments were drawn out
with enough radioactive ammunition to kill a cockroach
The motive was to merely flaunt one's clout
and to return with interest every reproach

I only dreamt of peace...

The battle was intense and unforgiving
the wounded were given a smoke screen
They knew their adversaries' strengths and weaknesses
more than they recognized their own

I only dreamt of a treaty...

The monotonous shelling continued
only to pause for the intermittent explosions of dynamite
Doctors rushed to the hopeless scene
either patching or stitching up the wounds of hatred

I only dreamt of unity...

Then came the colossal tankers, sleek choppers,
the anti-tanker mines, surface-to-air missiles....
Impatience crept in...they needed to kill more
Unfortunate....they cancelled each other out

I woke up with a smile in my face...
I knew, the trading season would come soon...
calling for unity once again!

3 comments: